08 May 2008

And whadda ya know...

Be careful what you wish for...! I've been warned that too often.

In this particular case, the line is not ominous, because just as I was wishing and planning to slow things down a bit, make a few changes here and there, and commit to making lists, blessings have started come in.


Oooh, it's getting exciting! We're moving, and it's definite. We closed the deal on a lease yesterday. We have to reassess our stuff at home because we won't have as much space in some areas of the new place, but then again, we've always wanted to clean up some. The house has been screaming, "clean me, clean me!" for over four years now. There's also hope that in sorting and packing, we might find some of the things that have mysteriously disappeared.

My work's picking up, too. Assignments are coming in, and at a rate that won't get me rattled. I am beginning work on a couple of accounts that aren't too heavy or controversial. Fabness, really!

If I stay focused on what really matters, then maybe -- hopefully -- I can take my OC attention off the daily nitty-gritty details and use it on more productive and essential areas of my life. I want to stay excited a bit longer, oh can I just?

In honor of all the recent developments, which have inspired me to look appreciate where I am today, I end with my top wild dream wishes, part of the chart-plotting my three friends and I did about 8 years ago, initiated by one of them, Jessica. Back then, these didn't seem attainable, but with God's grace, I've nearly ticked them all off.


  1. to write magazine features
  2. to read an average of 2 novels/books a week
  3. to buy my own notebook/laptop
  4. to set-up my own PR consultancy
  5. to travel
Check, check, check, and check. I need to work on the one last, then draw up another wild dreams list. Life hasn't been all that bad, huh?

No comments: