15 December 2009

This is me for 2010

Oh, drat -- January's ending soon. This New Year has been facing me straight in the eye for a month, and I haven't really buckled to do the traditional resolution thingy.  I'm unprepared, as usual... or not.  I no longer know for sure.  Oh-nine had a lot of carpets pulled from underneath what I thought was solid footing, so yes, I now say to oh-ten, bring it on, and I'll take it day to day.

I do know from experience, though, that there are certain tried and tested tools to get people going and going the right way. 
No matter how bitter I have been about last year not turning out the way I had hoped, I know it has something to do with not facing a lot of things I know I should have. Not being vigilant.  Not caring, sometimes.  Being fatalistic. Being irresponsible.  Oh, and being to careless, considering what station in life I'm at now.  Ok, mommy, good girl knows she's been baaaad. 

So maybe it's not too late.  I can still bring myself up to do the New Year resolution thingy.  Or even just planning thingy. Prioritization thingy.  Better than none, I suppose.

First, to take the good old two steps back before I take a step forward: this year, it'sto face what I think is me. This was courtesy of that fab idea of a 25 point list that went around Facebook last year. Twenty-five trivia bits about me.



Not bad, I think. Looks like I haven't been thrown too way off-track. Now to make sense of it, even through the randomness of the layout, courtesy of wordle.com, and plan.

No comments: