29 January 2008

when instant coffee has to do

I am missing the soothing richness of a grande soy mocha at the moment. As a rule, there should be no substituting a real cup of coffee, but oftentimes you are faced with not having a choice. On some days, I actually can do with a three-in-one instant cappuccino mix. It does the trick, and I am instantly comforted, awakened, and raring to get back to the day -- or night -- facing me.

I am challenged, though, with making my own mix of instant coffee, some non-dairy creamer, and sugar... Should I skip the sugar, like I normally do? But taste-wise, an unsweetened cup of instant coffee is just so blahhh. It lasts longer, though. Because I don't really enjoy the beverage, I can hold on to the cup for a much longer time. Till it's cold, oftentimes.

It would be so nice if things -- and situations -- were just made out for you to work with, live by, enjoy. During times when I just need a break, having to put together a perfect mix recipe just beats the whole concept of a taking a break and seeking comfort and renewal from something that you depend on to be there for you. Even if it's just a coffee fix.

But, the situation as it is, and supplies being as they are at the moment, I need a break, I need a wake-me-upper, and instant coffee will have to do.

No comments: