09 February 2011

better late than never



I haven't had time to plan because the New Year's festivities combined with my allergic rhinitis really got to me. Nevertheless, in my head, I was formulating my personal goals and plans for the year. It's never too late and one doesn't really have to begin in January, or am I just rationalizing? Nah, I belong to the better-late-than-never crowd. So, technically, even if I had nothing down on paper, which is the ideal, I've had the following going in my head and setting my directions for the year (remembering, of course, the fundamental principle of setting goals that are measurable, realistic, and specific):



    1. Read 30 good books in 2011 (see my progress on the sidebar). I just got a serious reading lamp to help me stay on track.
Light beaming from above, Thank God there's Ikea!
     2.  Travel out of the country at least 3x, gradually working a larger radius, and go see these countries as locals do.  
All set to go!
      3. Experience excellent, amazing coffee in at least 20 international, non-commercial but fave local hang-out cafes.

Moroccan, Singaporean, Spanish, Italian, NY...
    4. Get a fab little nest for my books.  I'm looking at something like a wooden barrister type. My best "travelling" companions deserve a better home than by my bedside, stacked and subject to dust and whatever. 
On the hunt for the best

   5. Organize and album-ize my stacks, boxes, and digital files of photos.


Just one box of many, not counting digital files.


Of course, I have to throw-in my standard and constant maintenance goals, which are, get fit, quit smoking, write more, blog more. I also have my even more standard life goals of spending enough time with my family and doing something really amazing with them periodically. Somehow, these are all mashed with the above top 5. Gotta make them all work this year. How? I'll share in my next post.

No comments: